Statements and petitions related to the Shwe Gas Project
Shwe Gas Movement’s press releases on Shwe Gas Project Sets Dangerous Precedent.
Shwe Gas Movement’s press releases on Burma’s extractive and environmental governance in need of overhaul.
Shwe Gas Movement’s press releases on its 2012 Global Day of Action against the Shwe Gas Project.
- Download English Press Release in PDF
- Download Burmese Press Release in PDF
- Download Thai Press Release in PDF
- Download Chinese Press Release in PDF
Shwe Gas Movement responds to Ministry of Energy announcement about allocating gas from Shwe Gas Project to Arakan state and the build up of the 24-hour Electricity Campaign.
Shwe Gas Movement responds to Norway’s Ministry of Finance’s decision to endorse PetroChina against the its Council of Ethics recommendation:
Shwe Gas Movement responds to CITIC, Hyundai Heavy Industries and Korea Gas Corporation on the Business and Human Rights Center:
Shwe Gas Movement’s responds to the suspension of the Irrawaddy Dam:
Shwe Gas Movement’s Sold Out Press Release:
- Download English language press release
- Download Burmese language press release
- Download Chinese language press release
- Download Thai language press release
- 115 Civil Society Groups Urge China to Suspend Disastrous Pipelines in Burma, Press release October 28, 2009. Download
- Burma Activists Welcome Danish Pension Fund Ban On Daewoo International, Press release September 25, 2009. Download
- New Report: China Ignoring Grave Risks of New Energy Corridor Through Burma, SGM Press release September 7, 2009. Download English
- Korean Government Fails to Investigate Korean Corporations’ Involvement in Abuses Connected to Gas Project in Burma, SGM and ERI joint Press release June 15, 2009. Download
- KOREAN GOVERNMENT’S REJECTION OF OECD COMPLAINT AGAINST DAEWOO INTERNATIONAL AND KOGAS FOR NATURAL GAS PROJECT IN BURMA CRITICIZED BY AFFECTED COMMUNITIES, Press release December 23, 2008. Download
- CIVIL SOCIETY DEMANDS BURMA GAS PROJECT STOP, CITING HUMAN RIGHTS CONCERNS, Press release June 26, 2008. Download
- Activists Outraged At Lenient Sentencing Of Daewoo International Executives For Arms Export To Burma, Press Release Nov 15, 2007. Download
- Shwe Gas Movement Calls On International Corporations To Suspend Projects And Support Un, Press Release Oct 18, 2007. Download
- Gandhi’s Birthday, Sgm Demands India Suspend Oil And Gas Investments In Burma, Press Release Oct 2, 2007. Download
- The Shwe Gas Movement Condemns Burma’s Domestic Fuel Price Hikes While Junta Profits From Record Natural Gas Exports, Press Release 21 August 2007. Download
- Get Out Of Burma, Activist Group Tells China. A Statement From The Arakan Oil Watch [Aow], Jan 18, 2007. Download
- Activists target multinational company Daewoo International & S Korean Gov’t over controversial Burma Gas Development. The Shwe Gas Movement, November 15, 2006. Download (xx Kb)
- New Report: Burma’s Military Dictatorship to gain over US$12 billion profits from western Burma gas finds. The Shwe Gas Movement, July 12, 2006 Download